Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Graphic Designer - entry to mid levelApply
Oct 12, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Sarah B.
Job #: 109544
Do you dream of a way to combine your love of sports with your love of design? Waiting for the opportunity to strut your stuff but don't have tons of experience? If the answer is absolutely "yes", then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. This is a contract-to-hire position with a company that is experiencing tremendous growth and moving quickly.
• Brainstorm with fellow designers to create new & innovative products
• Aid various creative departments in construction of product mock-ups for potential buyers
• Supply various design rollouts for extensive product lines
• Work directly with international factories via email to make sure the product is sampled and manufactured within customer requested timelines
• Assist in the illustration, detailing and extensions of new products
• Design promotional material and catalogs
• Meet with the internal sales department to establish a vision for a product or design
• Select colors, images, textures and shapes to create a layout
• Select the size and arrangement of different elements
• Use computer software to create electronic versions of designs
• Travels to factories to check up on the progression of the artwork to a sample (some international travel may be required)
• Make changes to mock-up artworks
• Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or similar field
• A portfolio that makes you immensely proud to show
• Must be a sports advocate and have an understanding of primary sports. PLEASE INCLUDE SPORTS-RELATED DESIGN SAMPLES IN YOUR PORTFOLIO.
• International travel required, up to 25%
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft Office
• Strong design sense and typography skills
• An eye for a well-crafted user experience
• Freehand illustration skills
• Ability to conceptualize and develop ideas through a group or independent brainstorming sessions
• Able to be part of a community and work in a team environment
• Proficiency in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office Applications; Word, Excel, Outlook
• Open to taking direction
• Strong communication skills
• Must be adaptable to working in a rapidly changing and evolving environment
• Must be able to be open to feedback and willing to adapt
Please reply with resume and link to portfolio and a brief statement that explains your relevant qualities and experience.
Want more details about this and other Somerset, NJ opportunities? Meet Sarah Byars!