Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
CAD Designer - ProductApply
Oct 12, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Sarah B.
Job #: 109536
Are you someone who rolls with the punches and goes with the flow? Looking for a new opportunity where you can learn and grow? If this is you and you also love sports (yep, sports) this contract-to-hire opportunity could be right for you so take a look:
In this position you will:
• Generate and Design 3D artwork that can be assembled to ensure proper fit, form and function
• Draft, edit and finalize design plans and details using appropriate symbols and drafting standards
• Communicate with internal staff on assignments, schedules, issues and resolutions
• Understand and visualize concepts to design drawings
• Analyze sketches, notes and other input material to determine best approach of completion
• Work collaboratively with the creative group in the preparation of design drawings and details and review completed work product to ensure quality
• Communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of departments and general managers.
• Be attentive to project schedules and deadlines
You should have:
• Bachelor's Degree or related experience preferred
• 2+ years of product CAD design experience
• Solid proficiency with AutoCad and 3DMax
• Understanding of user-centered design practices across multiple platforms
• Experience creating and delivering visual assets to engineering and working collaboratively to implement and iterative on concepts and designs
• Deep knowledge of composition, layout and color
• Proficiency in design tools such as Adobe CS (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator), Sketch, etc.
• Bonus points for knowledge of additional software (ie Esko, Maya, Rhino, Keyshot etc)
• Some virtual reality experience is also a plus
• Competency in 2D and 3D modeling using 3D Max
• Solid communication skills and experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Attention to detail and ability to stay organized
Please respond with resume and professional samples and a very brief statement explaining your relevant experience.
Want more details about this and other Somerset, NJ opportunities? Meet Sarah Byars!