Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Graphic Designer / Production ArtistApply
Oct 03, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Kate C.
Job #: 109030
The Graphic Designer provides in-house graphic design and production of regulatory/compliance collateral, templates and internal design and production needs. The Graphic Designer will also include other design and production support as needed, including video. This position will require a significant amount of experience in information design and production and will be required to deliver materials that are highly reliable and contain zero flaws and zero defects.
- Design, production and branding of collateral
- Produce digital illustrations/infographics as necessary
- Produce proofs and mock-ups of designs
- Determine production specifications from printer / publications; Secure quotes from printers and supervising printing of materials in a highly accurate and reliable manner, and Implement changes and corrections as necessary to satisfaction of client.
- Prepare clean, well-organized design production files for output by printer or for web.
- Manage and act as quality control for color proofing process and perform press checks as needed.
- Perform changes to graphic files and templates from outside agencies.
- Manage multiple jobs and meet tight deadlines in a highly reliable and accurate manner with zero flaws and zero defects.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Power Macintosh design stations and network which includes contracting appropriate experts and coordinating repairs.
- Work with Marketing Manager(s) and outside agency partners to develop and maintain corporate style guides and consistent Sharp Health Plan branding.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop and maintain corporate style guides and consistent service branding.
- Design new logos and identities for internal customers.
- Locate and update older collateral and print or digital advertising or web page templates.
- Provide standardized logos and support graphics in a variety of formats to other departments and entities.
- Overall quality control of regulatory/compliance collateral, other collateral as needed and any in-house design needs
- Organize and update file management.
- Archive all jobs by burning completed files to CD.
We have a simple philosophy at Vitamin T: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Vitamin T, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards! (http://aquent.com/rewards/)
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Three years minimum collateral and advertising design and production experience in an agency or in-house design department.
- Professional experience in creative collateral design and production process.
- Expert proficiency with standard graphic design, print production and video editing software: Quark Xpress, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Final Cut Pro and Microsoft Word. Position will also need to be able to produce and edit internal videos.
- Familiar with requirements and restraints of print, web, and broadcast mediums. Experience primarily with Macintosh and familiar with Windows PC environments.
- Ability to handle up to 30 projects during a week. Ability to work with multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills, oral and written.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- BA degree or Professional Certificate in fine arts or related field
Want more details about this and other San Diego opportunities? Meet Kate Clayton!