Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Oct 03, 2016
Agent: Jessica M.
Job #: 109014
Vitamin T client is looking for a highly motivated, team oriented Graphic Designer to join their Design team as part of the Marketing Department. This Graphic Designer will be responsible for producing quality graphic projects for consumer and trade collateral materials, trade show and event marketing materials, product packaging, web design, and other sales, marketing and company related material. This position is resourceful in meeting challenges, responsive to requests, pride in ownership of work products and has a strong sense of responsibility.
General responsibilities and critical competencies include:
- Works with the Marketing team to support new product and branding initiatives that are compatible with the established eight brands under Dynamic Brands.
- Aids in the development of new concepts for packaging, marketing materials and digital in coordination with key stakeholders, as directed by Marketing Manager.
- Works directly with Marketing Manager to assure design solutions meet all necessary criteria for a successful resolution in a timely manner.
- Produces finished digital artwork files in appropriate formats for outside supplier needs, and follow ups with color proof checking and quality control when required or as instructed by Marketing Manager through to the finished product.
- Provides support to other team members in revising, updating and modifying all graphic files as changes and corrections arise. Also, assists the marketing and sales teams to create professional graphic solutions with their various communications requirements (trade memos, sell sheets, presentations, etc.)
- Assist, create and design a broad range of marketing communications such as: print collateral, logos, websites, e-mail blast graphics, tradeshow graphics, and multimedia projects.
- Assist in the development of the annual product catalog.
- Takes responsibility for art directing, producing or sourcing illustrations, photography or graphics to be used in packaging, the web site or other communications materials in a cost effective manner when required or as instructed by Marketing Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, outstanding organization and time management skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to establish rapport and positive working relationships with all levels of staff.
- A strong sense of ownership in the work product with a keen eye for design details.
- Experienced in digital photography, editing images for print and digital use.
- Video production using Final Cut or Premier Pro.
- Web design, layout, updating and digital publishing essential. Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Must have a strong sense of typography, layout, design, color, and overall aesthetics.
- Experienced with print production, packaging files and procedures with final steps of graphic production design.
- Knowledgeable in product photography with tools such as DSLR cameras and lighting equipment.
- Graduation with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college with a specialization in graphic design or advertising communications, or the equivalent combination of education and
- At least 3 years graphic design experience in creating innovative design solutions. Packaged goods experience preferred but not essential.
- Excellent Mac based computer skills especially Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Some web based & video software experience desirable, but not essential.
- Must have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, and as part of a team.
- Has the initiative to source information and gather answers to questions pertinent to the success of the project.
To be considered for this amazing opportunity, please apply here for more information.
Want more details about this and other Richmond, VA opportunities? Meet Jessica Morgan!