Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Graphic Designer (NEW)Apply
Sep 29, 2016
Agent: Shanel S.
Job #: 108926
Vitamin T is working with a local retailer to find a strong Graphic Designer who will be assigned design-focused projects with less supervision and more ownership over the process. These projects will support specific marketing channels like emails that require unique knowledge base and skill set, site or HP graphics that aren’t compounded with major Photography Production needs, and other task-based design challenges that occur throughout the month, apart from the anticipated special events calendar.
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: On Call - Project to Project
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Performs high-volume production duties as assigned by Creative Leads and project coordinators that are essential to complete unique home page and multi-platform experiences. These duties include using Photoshop/Illustrator to enhance imagery and achieve visual effects, manipulating or adding objects, and providing unique layouts in order to enhance customer experience
· Maintains design templates across all platforms up to date and in line with brand standards according to direction and input from creative leadership and best practices.
· Develop concepts to finished designs with iterations and direction/feedback from leaders (Creative Lead, Designer, Supervisor, or Manager), to a high degree of quality and solution oriented design thinking, with some level of ambiguity and autonomy. Maintain brand standards while pursuing unique design solutions to accomplish business and project objectives. Collaborate with business partners to determine goals and experts to determine course of action
· Communicate and understand the needs for each project. This includes direct communication with the mobile and web teams as well as marketing to ensure all items are uploaded properly and on brand.
· Reports back to supervisor and Creative Leads on conclusions, successes, and lessons learned in order to better processes and lower cost and design time.
· Occasional communication and presentation of work with key project stakeholders and experts across creative, merch, marketing and site teams.
· 1- 2 years of Photo editing or design experience, preferably in a Production environment
· 1 - 2 years of Layout, typographic and interactive design for web
· Strong proficiency with type, layout and image composition
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
· Self-driven, eager to learn and goal-oriented with strong time management skills
· Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Photoshop
· Calm under pressure, can excel and thrive in a high-volume environment
· Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively
· Exceptionally rigorous work ethic, adaptable to ever-changing hours and demands, with ability to re-focus and develop options for quick changes in projects
· Strong attention to detail and order
· Understands balance of quality and quantity
· A general understanding of Adobe Illustrator
Want more details about this and other Seattle opportunities? Meet Shanel Shack!