Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Creative Services ManagerApply
Sep 27, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Jessyca H.
Job #: 108826
The Manager of Creative Services oversees copywriting and graphic design, and ensures that marketing assets are produced in accordance with brand strategy. This role plays an important hands-on role in the organization by partnering with Product Development to conceive, copywrite, and produce high-quality product collateral and sales enablement assets. This person also supervises a collaborative team of three in-house graphic designers, and assigns work to freelance copywriters as needed. The role provides marketing execution support to corporate marketing initiatives with emphasis on brand voice, exceptional copywriting, and creative execution.
• Lead a high-performing results-oriented team of creative talent, including three staff graphic designers, freelance copywriters, and outside vendors.
• Assign work to freelance copywriters and resources as needed, and provide quality assurance that delivered work meets business objectives, brand strategy, and effectiveness standards.
• Provide operational leadership and traffic coordination of multiple jobs moving through a busy creative services department.
• Provide project management and tracking improvements of both Corporate and Retail project requests without imposing undue bureaucracy.
• Be the primary copywriter of product marketing collateral, sales enablement materials, and corporate brand assets, including flyers, brochures, ads, social media, video scripts, multimedia, infographics, press releases, internal communications, presentation materials, and other marketing needs.
• Guide effective intake and discovery of business needs, unique selling propositions, and image selection.
• Improve review and approval processes for both Corporate and Retail Production creative work queues, so that assets receive proper endorsement from key stakeholders.
• Announce newly released marketing materials for adoption.
• Provide editorial, copywriting, and proofreading support to the marketing team.
• Ensure a culture of collaboration, service excellence, and continuous improvement.
• Adhere to Compliance policies and procedures, and develop and educate others to work compliantly.
• Adhere to brand guidelines and standards, with the purpose of helping the organization present a consistent and unified brand; and educate and support others to stay on-brand.
• Develop feedback loops to understand business needs and priorities, and the effectiveness of the assets produced.
• Act as a liaison with copywriters, agencies, and vendors to communicate requirements and change requests.
• Serve as a brand ambassador and communication liaison as needed.
• Work to enrich the company’s position on a national level, with sensitivity to regional and local requirements for customization.
• Maintain positive relationships with team members, internal clients, and vendors.
• Work on special projects and assignments from the Chief Marketing Officer.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, or Marketing, or related field, along with a minimum of five years total experience in marketing/communications-related role(s).
• Excellent copywriting skills, evidenced by portfolio.
• Prior supervisory experience.
• Highly organized.
• Attuned to popular culture, voice, and tone; and adaptable to different business and cultural contexts.
• Prior experience in real estate or the mortgage industry preferred.
• Experience in working with compliance and highly regulated industries
• Proficiency with project management tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service within a team environment.
• Ability to effectively represent the company to outside parties.
• Effective writing and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Self-motivated with a strong attention to detail.
• Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY LEVEL/PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Number Job Titles
Direct: 3 Graphic Designers
Indirect: 2 Freelance copywriters
• General to intermittent supervision of work, depending on experience
• Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities
• Works with internal and external stakeholders
Want more details about this and other San Diego opportunities? Meet Jessyca Hix!