Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Project / Production ManagerApply
Sep 27, 2016
Kipling and Queensway
Agent: Melissa F.
Job #: 108783
Duties & Responsibilities
• Opens dockets and assesses materials received.
• Enters data for all jobs and project alterations in system.
• Ensures all procedures for internal job costing are followed.
• Orders barcodes and verifies barcode accuracy in each job.
• Ensures accurate information of design files, layouts and specifications received from sales and/or customer and coordinates with appropriate sales and/or customer. Information is used to complete “Product Definition” of each job.
• Aids sales in the write-up of jobs, when required.
• Documents any and all correspondence pertaining to each job.
• Calculates appropriate price quotes for jobs from internal price guides, depending on account structure.
• Coordinates and/or participates in art turnover meetings with the Production Manager(s) and operators to ensure correct transfer of information is given for job completion.
• Ensures customer supplied inks and stocks are received when necessary.
• Enters requisitions and coordinates outside services as required by Production department.
• Ensures PO numbers are received and quotes are prepared prior to job shipping.
• Completes all shipping papers.
• “Closes out” jobs within 48 hours of job shipping.
• Files all current and accurate working materials in specified locations.
• May determine ink requirements for press and customer review and approval if providing on-site customer support.
• Checks all materials and proofs prior to being issued to customers to ensure accuracy and accordance with internal quality assurance standards.
• Approves internal colour work for jobs through liaison with Colour Manager.
Customer Service Support:
• Answers and solves customer’s queries.
• Learns layout requirement for each customers and ensures prompt response to layout questions.
• Liaison with sales and/or customers to obtain missing information or materials. May communicate directly with customer depending on account structure.
• Participates in customer meetings with or without sales staff as an information source and to ensure positive customer relations.
• Provides sales and/or customers with status of current jobs to ensure customers kept updated.
• Advises sales and/or customers of any delays in meeting delivery dates.
• Advises Production department of any special customer requirements.
• Liaison with front-end, sales, production, scheduler and plants to ensure accurate and complete information provided to complete jobs. If providing on-site customer service, will communicate directly with customer production/scheduling staff.
• May liaison and work with suppliers to prepare orders to meet customer needs.
• May prepare documentation for customer press.
• Ensures any customer concerns or issues are addressed by advising Customer Service Manager/Account Manager and following up as necessary.
• Advises Customer Service Manager/Account Manager of any difficult obtaining quotes or P.O. numbers.
Knowledge & Skills Required
• Highly flexible.
• Completion of post secondary university or college degree, preferably in graphics communication management and/or design or similar.
• Solid experience in customer service, preferably in a packaging environment.
• Strong understanding of the graphics packaging industry.
• Strong knowledge of job costing procedures.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Proven customer service skills and ability to deal effectively with difficult customer situations.
• Proven team player.
• Ability to multi-task in high-pressure situations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Want more details about this and other Kipling and Queensway opportunities? Meet Melissa Fonseca!