Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Project Manager for Branding AgencyApply
Sep 27, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Lola S.
Job #: 108775
Our Boston Based strategic brand firm is looking for an experienced Project Manager to oversee a team of designers, principals and various freelancers. You would also be in charge of overseeing the relationship with quite a few clients and prospective clients.
We want someone who can see the big picture while managing the myriad of details of many concurrent projects, to ensure success for both our clients and our firm. We need someone to monitor and navigate project budgets, scheduling, and client-responsiveness – especially as it pertains to scope-of-work management.
WHO YOU ARE
You have proven experience in a similar “command central” project management/account management role — ideally in a design or marketing environment. You hold firm when you need to, are graceful under pressure, are comfortable being the occasional “bad guy” when needed, as well as being an occasional cheerleader to keep things light. You are an incredibly organized, detail-oriented multitasker, and quick on your feet.
RESPONSIBILITIES PROJECT / TEAM MANAGEMENT (65%)
• Work corroboratively with both principals to assign projects to internal and external resources, based on skill and availability.
• Keep principals informed and updated on status of projects, including budgets, scheduling shifts, scope creep, and client-related issues.
• Help the entire team manage and prioritize their time and projects on a weekly and day-today basis.
• Create efficiencies with projects and processes to ensure profitability. • Update and distribute studio master schedules.
• Facilitate and manage resource allocation of staff, freelancers, and other external resources.
• Ensure team provides timely updates (either at the weekly meeting or daily) on changes to project scope, expectations and deliverables.
• Administrative support for principals and staff.
• Pro-actively alert principals and clients on issues that may impact project schedules and/or budgets that would require change orders.
• Develop and maintain responsive internal and external project communications.
• Manage in-house staff, freelancers and external resources (e.g. printers, stock agencies, illustrators, photographers, writers).
• Expedite all crisis jobs and troubleshoot, as needed.
• Organize and lead weekly staff meetings and billing meetings, including maintaining and distributing master job list and project forecasts.
• Maximize existing project management tools, technologies, and processes; introduce and implement new tools and procedures.
• Help staff on sourcing and negotiating usage rights and fees for all stock and commissioned images, illustrations and photo shoots.
• Coordinate with Studio Manager to approve job specific costs and expedite client invoices.
CLIENT MANAGEMENT (15%)
• Schedule all client-related meetings/calls. •
Assist principals with managing client relationships—eventually lead client relationships.
• Write and negotiate project proposals, contracts, schedules, change orders, status reports and any other necessary documents required by client, in collaboration with the principals. .
• Obtain and coordinate any necessary deliverables (content, feedback, etc) and approvals from clients through every phase of each project.
• Issue weekly status updates, as needed, to clients.
• Monitor all work to ensure accuracy of content and revisions (i.e., a fresh eye to catch errors).
STUDIO OVERSIGHT (20%)
• Review time sheets to ensure accuracy (including your own time sheet)
• Keep staff updated on industry-wide events (lectures, conferences).
• Manage and oversee all sick, late and vacation days and monitor adherence to policies and procedures manuals.
Want more details about this and other Boston, MA opportunities? Meet Lola Sizemore!