Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Sr. Graphic DesignerApply
Sep 20, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Fanny H.
Job #: 108504
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our clients Licensing team. The Senior Designer position will be a strong all around creative with a passion for consumer products within the Licensing Industry. Knowledge of working within the video game industry, branded kids toys and entertainment, would benefit this role. Working within a close team of licensing and marketing professionals, this role would vary on a day-to-day basis. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and execute designs quickly for urgent presentations. Job focus includes: providing support with retail marketing materials, new design looks, developing key assets, product development partner support, create mock ups and inspiration boards, trend and packaging guide development.
• Create a clear direction for product and packaging design, ensuring a consistent look across different products, in line with the style guide and brand profile
• Apply creative strategy to the design and production of marketing communication materials (packaging, point-of-sale materials, presentations, social/digital content, exhibition material creative) to deliver effective, innovative, consistent materials with quality and on time results that support the brand strategy
• Work on customized direct to retail designs for licensees using both style guide assets and own art creations
• Liaise with the clients international offices to get approval as needed on individual projects
• Manage personal workflow and ensure all parties are aware of pending time lines. Provide regular status updates to the Licensing team
• Work with external design agencies to develop new materials as well as any other updates required for the style guides. Ensure on time deliveries of these projects within budget expectations.
• Support the Creative Lead for Licensing on the planning, creation, and management of Consumer Products style guides
• Produce innovative materials with maximum impact across all consumer products with new media innovations and original graphic design.
• Ensure that all representation of the brand is true to the brand identity and contains consistent strong brand messages
Skills and Abilities:
• Design degree and/or experience working on entertainment brands. Preferably both. Mac literate and fully versed in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop & Acrobat.
• Web design experience is a plus, including knowledge of HTML, CSS, Wordpress & SEO.
• Expert production design and layout skills, with the ability to preflight for direct to press print production
• Photography skills would be a plus.
• 2-3yrs experience working with outbound licensing on Consumer Products and creative.
• Strong design skills with a modern flair and an eye for impactful brand expression.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to receive input from different departments and find common ground solutions
• Tenacity to complete big projects and ensure high quality throughout
• Personal commitment and can-do attitude
• Ability and desire to work closely with team members and international offices
• Well informed of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Dreamweaver and Flash.
Want more details about this and other Burbank opportunities? Meet Fanny Halsey!