Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Project Manager (Agency)Apply
Sep 20, 2016
Agent: Theresa R.
Job #: 108493
Vitamin T is assisting our agency client with their need for a temporary Project Manager. This project is expected to run through the end of the year and is onsite in NYC.
The Project Manager works closely with the Project Management team and must be a strong team leader with a motivating work ethic and analytical mindset, overseeing a comprehensive operations plan that includes: resource management, workflow/process improvement, mentorship/training, cost management, quality/risk management, and change management. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented role that requires superior project partnership and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively under high-pressure situations. Agency experience managing complex, integrated and digital projects is a must. They work closely with the other disciplines in delivering and exceeding client expectations.
• Partner closely with team leads to define agency "best practices" and establish efficient workflow processes to ensure consistent client satisfaction and highest quality of deliverables
• Oversee the day-to-day management of projects from initiation through implementation and deployment
• Oversee and communicate project status and adjust resources and priorities accordingly
• Oversee client/account budgets through proper scope definition, risk management and change management protocols
• Increase efficiency of staff allocations and utilization for both individual client projects and for the overall agency aggregate
• Ensure consistency in role definition and performance expectations within individual capabilities and among project teams
• Ensure changing resource and project requirements are communicated to all members of the project team, and that the changes are understood by all members of the team
• Liaise with senior business leads on project progress and risks
• Contribute to the creative process by assessing feasibility of the proposed solutions
• Resolve conflicts through creative problem solving with acute decision-making skills that keep project teams motivated to overcome high-pressure situations, and ensure best possible results
• Oversee the project team’s activities to guarantee overall quality of work and ensures the project is delivered on time and on budget
• Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations
• Be a passionate about delivering the best creative, but find ways of producing it that does not jeopardize schedule and budget
• Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality
• Allocate resources in conjunction with the Project Director
• Any other duties as assigned
Candidates are expected to have a minimum of:
• Bachelors’ Degree in related field preferred.
• 3-7 years of project leadership or operations experience within agency environments
• Demonstrated experience directing a variety of integrated projects for Fortune 500 clients or the equivalent
• Proven track record of developing agency relationships through gaining trust and successful delivery
• Robust knowledge of integrated agency workflows and inter-office operations
• Intimate knowledge of agency core disciplines and capabilities, including Account Management, Finance, Strategy, Creative, Studio, User Experience, Interactive Design, Social Media, and Digital Technology
Want more details about this and other NYC opportunities? Meet Theresa Reilly!