Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Sep 16, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Whitney W.
Job #: 108391
The UX Strategist applies a user data driven approach to the creation of customer-led experiences through compelling user interfaces. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, creative and well versed in current standards with respect to Web Usability, Information Architecture, Interaction Design and Web Accessibility.
The UX Strategist will drive the process of researching and compiling informal user tests, competitive analysis and business goals; and then distilling them into improved online experiences across multiple websites and applications. They will present concepts to senior management and work closely with design, optimization, SEO and Marketing stakeholders to ensure that all projects present experiences to our visitors that are both as optimal and memorable as possible.
The UX Strategist reports to the Senior Manager, Site Optimization & Mobile.
• Drive the creation of compelling user experiences for all major projects using an approach grounded in user testing and analytical data.
• Research and develop concepts for a variety of projects with a focus on user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that adhere to the latest interaction standards.
• Regularly compile and report on competitive research in the online retail space, and also look for broader changes and novel approaches in Web interaction & design.
• Develop personas that help inform decision making in our planning, design and testing processes.
• Act as a key stakeholder and contributor with respect to information architecture, interaction design, quality assurance, and user research efforts.
• Continually evaluate and communicate best practices to the design and development teams with respect to user interaction and accessibility.
• Bachelor degree in related subject matter or equivalent experience required.
• Must have 3+ years professional UX experience.
• Excellent initiative, communication, project management and prioritization skills.
• Strong knowledge of current interaction design principles and best practices.
• Solid technical foundation with knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Experience with Balsamiq, Invision, Axure, OmniGraffle and/or similar wire-framing and prototyping tools.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
Continual sitting, occasional walking, ability to use a keyboard.
Want more details about this and other Chatsworth, CA opportunities? Meet Whitney Westphal!