Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Sep 16, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Whitney W.
Job #: 108390
The Art Director drives the creation of compelling and effective concepts and campaigns that elevate the aesthetic of our brands online. This position prioritizes and delegates project for web design staff, and implements efficient workflows and processes. The Art Director acts as a primary liaison with the photography studios and catalog design group to foster & promote cross-channel consistency and to ensure that the specific photography needs of web and email design are met. This position also manages day to day activities of web design staff; directing them on style conventions, use of photography, visuals, typography and overall design aesthetic in order to continually improve the look of all creative work. The Art Director reports to the Senior Director, Web Creative & Site Strategy.
• Create unique and innovative designs and visuals for all brands, both independently and in collaboration with other design team members, and work with marketing and executive stakeholders to ensure their business goals are met.
• Direct and mentor web creative staff to ensure that their designs are always on-brand and of the highest quality, and that they prioritize work and manage time efficiently.
• Help to further establish and evolve our style guides and the overall aesthetic of our core online brands.
• Drive the concept and development of creative assets for home and landing pages, sale events, email and media campaigns, and other website pages & visuals.
• Collaborate with the testing and optimization team to transform wireframes and prototypes for new web sites, pages and applications into final designs.
• Evaluate and communicate trends in photography, type design and color; as well as multi-channel consistency to design and marketing staff.
• Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent experience required.
• Must have 4+ years professional experience designing for Web and new media projects, preferably for retail/e-commerce.
• Outstanding design sense and creativity, with a focus on clean and refined retail aesthetic.
• Strong understanding of Web design, typography, color theory and current website/application design/UI standards.
• Demonstrated expertise in creating online marketing solutions, including e-commerce websites, email & banner campaigns, look books and landing pages.
• Experience and knowledge interacting in a professional photo studio environment, communicating visual goals and needs for design concepts, and directing shoots when needed.
• Excellent initiative, communication, project management and prioritization skills.
• Strong knowledge of current HTML and CSS coding practices as well as interaction design.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Continual sitting, occasional walking, ability to use a keyboard.
Want more details about this and other Chatsworth, CA opportunities? Meet Whitney Westphal!