Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Sr. Marketing Specialist ( w/ Law, Finance, or PR)Apply
Sep 16, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Temp To Perm
Agent: Whitney W.
Job #: 108355
Our client, a leader in legal services, is looking for a temp to perm Sr. Marketing Specialist to work onsite at their office located in West LA.
- Must be onsite, WEST LA
- JD degree HUGE plus but not required
- MUST have professional services experience (legal, accounting, finance, etc)
- Will need to take a PROOFREADING & WRITING test
As a key member of our dynamic and professional business development and marketing team, your primary responsibilities will be to provide support to Litigation practices to facilitate business development and cross selling, enhance existing and new relationships and raise the profile of the practices. If you’re a total professional with a stellar track record, if you relish a good challenge, if you thrive on collaboration with like-minded peers, we’d like to meet you. We need the kind of professional staff that can help us meet the high expectations of sophisticated clients.
We need team players, people who can make a difference from day one. We’ll want you to take initiative, seize opportunities, and solve problems. You’ll find our culture to be diverse and community-minded. If all that works for you, we could be a great fit for each other. Reporting to the Litigation business development manager you will have the opportunity to develop and grow. The position can be located in Los Angeles or San Francisco and has responsibility for the following:.
- Prepare tailored client proposals and RFPs: including writing and editing copy, proofreading, production, distribution, and attorney follow-up.
- Gather, write and keep current representative experience descriptions and capability statements to support proposals, directory and ranking organizations.
- Conduct and analyze research on companies and sectors to prepare for prospect client meetings, pitches/proposals, and other business development initiatives.
- Follow up with lawyers to track business results, wins, losses, best practices, ROI and lessons learned and distribute the pipeline and win loss reports.
- Attend practice group meetings to conceptualize and recommend strategies and tactics that support each practice group’s plans and objectives.
- Monitor and conduct analysis of competitors and their service offerings.
- Work with the Litigation business development manager and practice chairs to develop annual practice business plans and budgets that outline key goals, priorities and activities.
- Write and prepare compelling legal directory/ranking submissions; identifying opportunities to position and raise the profile of the practices and partners.
- Coordinate the development of sponsorship advertisements, newsletters, client alerts, invitation lists, and updating client email lists.
- Research and evaluate speaking, sponsorship and membership affiliation opportunities. Evaluate, plan and coordinate seminars, webinars, conferences, tradeshows and other firm-sponsored events in coordination with the marketing events team.
- Obtain and document client consent to use names, logos and matter descriptions in marketing materials.
- Develop project plans and budgets in order to ensure initiatives are implemented on time and budget.
- Work collaboratively with the business development and marketing professionals and contribute to the team’s national efforts, including supporting projects and initiatives related to other practice areas on an as needed basis.
- Ensure business development and marketing expenses comply with firm expense policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years’ experience, preferably in a professional services or law firm.
- Strong writing, editorial and proofreading skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite and databases, particularly skilled with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task in a “lightning speed” environment.
If this looks like a great fit, please apply and highlight any relevant experience!
Want more details about this and other Los Angeles, CA opportunities? Meet Whitney Westphal!