Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Marketing Communications ManagerApply
Sep 16, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Jessica M.
Job #: 108326
Vitamin T Foundation Client that supports university philanthropy efforts here in Richmond, VA is currently seeking a Marketing Communications Manager to join their team in a full-time, 40 hours per week, contract-to-hire/talent bridge capacity. The Marketing Communications Manager will be a key addition to the Marketing Communications team, reporting directly to the Director of Marketing Communications and we are seeking candidates with a minimum of five years of experience, and a high level of professionalism and good judgment for this role.
• Research and write articles for their magazine - a biannual publication sent to an audience of more than 40,000 alumni and donors.
• Assist Director of Marketing Communications in developing and supporting editorial calendar with a cadence of communications to be determined once the brand research study is completed. This includes developing content for the website, print and digital publications, press materials, blog articles and social media.
• Assist with new brand rollout including brand management and collateral development.
• Work with digital assets and post to website and social media.
• Support the President of the foundation by developing communications materials and presentations, managing projects for board committee and task force meetings, and on an ad hoc basis.
• Attend board committee meetings and write minutes.
• Assist development team with event materials such as invitations and booklets, and ensure these meet with brand guidelines.
• Manage sponsorships and review collateral for adherence to brand guidelines.
• Assist Director of Marketing Communications with news tracking and developing talking points for executive communications and other materials.
• Assist Director of Marketing Communications in developing and measuring KPIs to measure performance of marketing communications collateral.
• Assist Director of Marketing Communications with budget development and tracking.
• Attend and support events managed by the development team.
• Develop relationships and attend meetings with communications counterparts across the various teams associated with the Foundation.
• Assists with special projects as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Marketing Communications.
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, English or related field required.
• A minimum of five years of relevant experience.
• Outstanding business writing skills and ability to change tone as appropriate for different media and audiences.
• Ability to quickly absorb information and adjust to changing tasks and priorities.
• Willingness to follow directions and support the Director of Marketing Communications and President.
• Knowledge and experience using AP style a plus.
• Good judgment to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Strong project management skills, including experience writing for a publication and/or working with an editorial calendar with an understanding of communications cadence and timelines.
• Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
• Knowledge of social media, blogs, content management systems and web-based environments.
• Experience with Photoshop to perform basic level photo editing a plus.
• Ability to work with all levels of management.
• Enthusiasm for the mission of the organization and a willingness to adjust to changing priorities and timelines.
• Commitment to excellence.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and applicable technology.
Should you meet the above criteria and wish to be considered for this opportunity, please apply to this posting for more information.
Want more details about this and other Richmond, VA opportunities? Meet Jessica Morgan!