Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Marketing Content StrategistApply
Sep 15, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Beverly S.
Job #: 108286
The Content Marketing Specialist will, under the direction of the Associate Director, research and write all facets of content marketing to carry out the strategies needed to facilitate effective external content marketing for B2B audiences through online, social and print marketing initiatives. S/he will write and help design dynamic content to help create brand awareness, thought leadership and lead generation
S/he will research/seek out information to create new ideas for content under the direction of the Associate Director. S/he will write and assist with design to develop new content marketing for brand awareness and thought leadership. This will include writing and developing content for social media channels, targeted email campaigns or other sales efforts. Projects may include infographics, emails, white papers, eBooks, blogs, landing pages or microsites. S/he will also keep website copy new and relevant. S/he will help handle any marketing writing and/or overflow from the broker/employer communications side of the house—typically brochures or emails. S/he will need to be able to write to different audiences and tie back to our industry and what Trustmark does well (i.e. what are our differentiators). This also includes any ad hoc projects as assigned by the Associate Director. S/he will work directly with the Associate Director and our social media manager to help increase our social media footprint and help develop social campaigns, contests and other content ideas for continuous engagement. S/he will research industry topics and reach out to subject matter experts to help generate ideas for content that is on target with our external audiences, and content that would considered valuable and relevant.
This person should be:
• Be an excellent writer and copy editor with heavy experience in promotional writing/editing.
• Understand how to write for social--turn copy into something engaging for the digital community.
• Understand social media channels and how to gain engagement
• Possess a passion to stay on top of current digital trends.
• Have demonstrated experience with developing campaigns, success in executing new initiatives, and proficiency as a strategic and creative thinker and writer.
• Able to work in a small tight-knit group and collaborate effectively with coworkers and subject matter experts.
• Able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, meeting tough deadlines and achieving overall objectives with limited supervision.
• Quickly gain a thorough understanding of products and services offered and be able to craft messages around them, as well as how future trends may affect them.
• Ability to learn quickly and be comfortable asking questions and seeking answers.
• Strong communication skills, willingness to acknowledge inquiries and be responsive/proactive with current project requests and statuses.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing or Business and at least four years of marketing and creative writing experience.
• Five years of marketing and/or creative writing experience preferred.
• Management experience is a plus
Want more details about this and other Northern Suburbs opportunities? Meet Beverly Shulman!