Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Production Artist / Project Coordinator - $40kApply
Sep 14, 2016
Agent: Chrissy A.
Job #: 108240
We are in need of an immediate on-site Production Artist to help coordinate brand/marketing initiatives and provide production support for one of our Plano based clients. This person will need extremely strong communication and organizational skills. Will be responsible for facilitating files moving between agencies, translators, freelancers, printers and internal departments. Must have a good working understanding of packaging final files for printers and transferring files.
90 day contract-to- hire through Vitamin T.
Weekly pay and full benefits offered by Vitamin T during the contract period
Must be able to work onsite in Plano
Will be required to complete a full background check prior to starting
The Production Artist key role is to assist with the management of job execution and keep all brand and marketing tools moving through the creative department. They are the communication conduits throughout the shop. Information gathering, production and routing of work are the core responsibilities.
• Act as the liaison for brand/tools channel team members ensuring flawless execution of work
• Coordinate with Traffic Department and Sr. Art Director managing resources, ensuring process is followed and work stays on schedule
• Ensure designers are alerted when a project starts and have all assets necessary to produce stellar work
• Engage and communicate with freelancers or external agency resources when needed
• Traffic all materials to freelancers, translations or design team with proper instructions
• Inform Sr. Art Director of any issues
• Provide background information to facilitate work: competitive activity reports and samples, industry news and secondary research
• Continually learn our industry. Read. Read. Read.
• Get ahead on advertising, experiential and marketing trends.
• Contribute to the creative process; add ideas to the work to make it better
• Very detail and task oriented; able to keep projects on track while also ensuring quality at a granular level
The Brand Coordinator essentially plays a supporting role to the Sr. Art Director and thus must demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow while learning all aspects of the business.
• Establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself
• Effectively plan and organize the work of you and your team – handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively and productively
• Identify, classify, categorize and be able to retrieve information as required by you or agency team members
• Prepare thorough, accurate and consistent work for clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
• Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor
As Brand Coordinator, you are expected to have a solid background in design.
• Exceptional typography and layout skills -- grids, kerning, tracking, leading, etc.
• Good sense of design aesthetics
• Make certain all design projects are consistent and in line with the brand standards of quality
• Able and willing to produce design revisions and to assist on projects.
The Brand Coordinator should also demonstrate a base knowledge of proper packaging and file output methods.
• File output knowledge and prepress methods
• Good understanding of color spaces, such as RGB, CMYK, Spot/Pantone
• Clean file organization and folder hierarchy methodology
Written Communication Skills
The Brand Coordinator must be able to write clearly and persuasively.
• Provide clear, thorough written direction to creative team and Global Brand Marketing Department
• Deliver concise, accurate and actionable accounts of meetings and discussions
• Assist in building presentation decks for pitching concepts
• Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Mac OS
Want more details about this and other Plano opportunities? Meet Chrissy Andrews!