Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Communication Designer / Graphic Design & IllustrationApply
Sep 14, 2016
Temp To Perm
Agent: Adam G.
Job #: 108195
We are looking for a Communication Designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging experience for the marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. Produce high-quality visual designs—from concept to execution, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions (icons, graphics, and marketing materials). Create and iterate on assets that reflect a brand, enforce a language, and inject beauty and life into a product. Outstanding visual design skills
· Ability to create visually compelling materials to support Service Designer / Design Strategist materials (personas, customer journey maps, service design blueprints, etc.)
· Ability to make compelling slide presentations (PowerPoint and/or Keynote)
· Ability to make posters, infographics, intranet sites for the design department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design responsive email marketing, banner ads, marketing collateral and other digital campaigns that are both appealing and usable
• Keep abreast of latest trends in e-mail design, social media, and web design,
• Be the keeper of the brand look and feel, and ensure all creative broadcast across all channels lives up to the highest quality of the company’s visual standards
• Execute visual and interaction design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
• You don’t compromise on quality, and are able to elevate the work of your team
• You thrive in collaborative team environments
• You have strong communication skills (visual, written, and verbal)
• Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Exceptional design and production skills, with a high regard for attention to detail
• Must have a user-first mentality
• Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS with knowledge of usability, cross-browser and e-mail client issues
• High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Solid visual design chops in typography, layout, color, and brand systems
• 2 - 3 years of visual design experience desired
• You have a strong and inspiring portfolio that showcases diverse media and projects
Want more details about this and other Washington DC opportunities? Meet Adam Gezelle!