Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Sep 13, 2016
Agent: Andi M.
Job #: 108160
**This is an 18 month contract, full-time, onsite in Irving, TX. Pay varies per experience. Local applicants only.**
Similar roles/titles: product manager, digital business analyst (not IT business analyst or software business analyst).
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Functional Analyst to join our rapidly growing Delivery team.
A Functional Analyst performs many roles and interacts with many different teams across one or several projects. They work hand-in-hand with business clients, project managers, designers, developers and testers and are engaged in every phase of the project lifecycle. Some of their duties include: scoping a system, requirements-gathering, producing functional documentation, managing client expectations and developer constraints, and ensuring system viability. A Functional Analyst communicates well with both business and technical staff, produces clear and comprehensive documentation and process diagrams, and is comfortable presenting to the client.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Define and document business requirements, business process flows and diagrams
• Research and prioritize user requirements and functional requirements
• Document and revise functional requirements and specifications
• Create use cases using standard modeling formats (such as UML)
• Provide input and review other deliverables as appropriate (e.g. page schematics or interaction designs)
• Degree in a related field, such as technical communications, cognitive science, or computer science
• 1-3 years’ experience developing interactive web applications and/or websites
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Experience in client services and negotiating business decisions
• Experience with development methodologies, life cycles, and best practices
• Familiarity with Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to independently manage one’s work on multiple tasks across multiple projects
• Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
• Application development experience very helpful (e.g. html, Java, C, VB, database design/maintenance)
• Willingness to travel
Want more details about this and other Irving, TX opportunities? Meet Andi Mancuso!