Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Sr. Content StrategistApply
Sep 07, 2016
Agent: Allyson H.
Job #: 107889
The Freelance Senior Content Strategist is responsible for overseeing all content requirements, and creating all content strategy deliverables (content audits, gap analyses, taxonomies, metadata frameworks, style guides, content migration plans, etc.) across the project lifecycle. Collaborating closely with the Information Architect as well as people from our Creative, Strategy and Technology groups, you will be critical to defining the content needs of web sites and applications our teams create, and to working closely with the client to ensure the necessary content is sourced or otherwise generated.
- High level of collaboration with multiple content strategists, IAs, designers, etc.
- Ongoing collaboration with copywriters/content creators
- Analyze client/project messaging needs and develop relevant content strategy
- Develop content strategy for complex informational interfaces (transactional websites, intranets, knowledge management systems, etc.)
- Evaluate existing content and recommend options for sourcing new content
- Analyze and document detailed online interfaces with an eye to optimizing user experience
- Create taxonomies and metadata frameworks for grouping and tagging content
- Create and maintain complex sets of content documentation
- Ensure content management systems meet publishing requirements
TYPICAL DELIVERABLES INCLUDE:
- Content audits inventory and evaluate existing content
- Gap analysis, identify new content needs based on wireframes and comps
- Interface content matrices; capture, optimize, and prioritize for implementation releases all aspects of online interfaces (including error messaging, query structure, and conditional states)
- Content POV documents
- Demonstrated ability to lead content strategy across the entire web development process
- Thorough understanding of how to communicate effectively in a digital environment
- Experience with content management systems, digital asset management, databases and SEO best practices
- Expert level attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in client services and negotiating business decisions
- High tolerance for ambiguity matched only by your desire to organize it
- Willingness to travel
- 5+ years experience in creating/writing content for Web or other digital media
- Degree in related field, such as English, journalism, technical writing, or library science
- Previous experience in professional print, digital or broadcast media
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Office Suite, and working knowledge of design tools such as Visio and InDesign
Relevant examples of content models, audits, taxonomies, governance plans, etc. will need to be shared with the client to be considered for the role.
Want more details about this and other Austin, TX opportunities? Meet Allyson Hoffman!