Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Aug 23, 2016
San Diego, CA
Temp To Perm
Agent: Quinn S.
Job #: 107261
Agency in healthcare industry seeks motivated Account Executive to join a team of talented, high-energy professionals focused on taking the company to the next level. You’ll never be bored in this fast-paced environment! Ideal candidates will have advertising experience. Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a great working environment.
The Account Executive supports the Account Supervisor in managing the day-to-day activity of the account, including managing client deadlines, maintaining the integrity of the client’s budget and developing creative briefs. The Account Executive must be a proactive person who can multi-task, foster a positive team atmosphere, and be a leader. Projects include—but are not limited to—promotional advertising deliverables (eg, print ads and visual aids) in addition to promotional medical education materials (eg, slide decks and meeting materials).
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Manage account independently on a day-to-day basis
• Develop creative and strategic thinking skills
• Develop creative briefs
• Manage client expectations at all times to foster effectiveness/productivity
• Provide input to and draft sections of the agency tactical planning
• Maintain regular client contact at product manager level and become integral part of client team ensuring that the client is updated and briefed on all relevant account activity
• Meet/manage all client deadlines
• Monitor fee hours and proactively alert agency management and/or clients of projects are heading out of scope
• Effectively lead internal meetings (e.g. status meetings, job start-ups, etc.), making important, relevant contributions, and generate workable conclusions
• Evaluate creative work for consistency and accuracy
• Keep senior management briefed on account activities
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of scientific category and brand
• Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally
• Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate ability to set priorities while handling multiple projects and to delegate work appropriately
• Remain calm despite high pressure situations
• Project a professional, positive attitude toward peers and clients within the department and the agency
• Uphold Agency quality standards in servicing the Client
• Maintain accurate time sheets
• Foster a positive team environment demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors
• Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows
• Establish credibility and maintain leadership image both internally and externally; convey confidence without over promising
• Understand when it’s appropriate to make decisions independently and when to escalate issues/decisions to manager
We have a simple philosophy at Vitamin T: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Vitamin T, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards! (http://aquent.com/rewards/)
• Candidates will be considered first if they have at least 2 years as an Account Executive experience in a pharmaceutical or medical communications agency.
• Knowledge of promotional and medical education preferred
• Medical, legal, regulatory review experience is a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Launch experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related subject is preferred
Want more details about this and other San Diego, CA opportunities? Meet Quinn Sidon!