There’s a lot more to front end development than meets the eye.
That’s where Tara comes in: she’s our go to authority when we need to assess whether a front end developer has the solid hands-on skills, web dev know-how, and personality to make a perfect fit for a Vitamin T client.
Make a deeper dive into FED by checking out her answers to our 7 Quick Questions!
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? And what do you love most about working here? I had previous agency experience as well as some recruiting, so this looked like a great fit. Oh boy, was I right! Best of all, I love working in a place where people can really be themselves when they show up at the office.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? I think creatives are about the most interesting people around. When I’m interviewing someone it’s amazing to hear about their thought processes as they were creating an app or a campaign.
- In your job, what’s been your favorite moment or biggest joy? Getting to travel to Dallas, New Jersey, California, and Boston and meet my colleagues from our other offices has been my most fantastic Vitamin T experience... so far!
- What app do you use regularly that provides great user experience? I use the Starbucks app at least twice a day to purchase my morning and afternoon coffee. It’s so cool that I can go to one of the five Starbucks on the block and pay for my coffee using my phone. Talk about easy. What can I say, 12 million Starbucks app users can’t be wrong!
- What’s your favorite interview question? I have two, a serious one and a funny one. The serious one: What are you looking for in your next role? I’m looking for an answer other than a generic, “I want a new challenge” or worse, “More pay than my last position.” I want to see passion, drive, and determination in an answer. Even if either (or both) of those answers are true, a good candidate will be ready to roll those thoughts into a broader context. My funny one: What is your favourite dessert?
- What’s your favorite brand and why? Forever 21... even though I’m not exactly 21 anymore! I love everything about their brand: their clothes, accessories, and especially their great prices. Since I’m a frequent visitor to their store and online shop and use their app all the time, I guess you could say I’m a brand advocate!
- Who is your creative or digital hero? Master of social media Taylor Swift! Come by and take a look at my desk and you will see the evidence!
Connect with Tara!