Thirteen years in the recruiting industry, Agent Stacey Bennett still has a blast getting to know the top creative talent in town. Lucky them, she's a go-to resource for some of Dallas–Fort Worth’s hottest companies and agencies.
We popped by the Lone Star State to ask her our 11 Quick Questions, so you can find out what advice she has for creatives, how she stays up on the world of digital, and important stuff like her guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google
- Best digital event in your city? Dallas Digital Summit.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Traditional. Passionate. Multicultural. Individual. Nostalgic.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Be honest with the candidate. If they’re not a fit for your job, tell them. Your truthfulness may be the feedback they need to land their next great gig. Who knows, you may receive a note of thanks just for being honest!
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Leaving off dates of employment. You should always include them, regardless!
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design
- Favorite meme? It’s really hard not to love a ridiculously photogenic guy.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? There are so many amazing resources out there, it’s hard to pin down just one! I would have to say Mashable.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Ask questions, don't just assume. Asking questions is a sign of interest and investment, not a lack of knowledge or skill.
- Next big thing in digital? I think 2013 is going to be the breakout year for video. Video apps like iWhoopie, Joost, etc. and other technologies will provide easier searching, finding and sharing videos from around the web. Hey, we already have Vine!
- Guilty song pleasure? "You Spin Me Around” by Dead or Alive