Our clients in Toronto have it made. Naz is the best when it comes to finding the amazing creative talent they’re looking for, whether it’s a Front End Developer they needed yesterday or a Designer they’d love to add to their team.
Though her answers to our 11 Quick Questions are virtually free of her trademark puns, we know you’ll still love her advice for conducting interviews and how to make your first day as a freelancer successful!
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? As much as possible, try to tap into what makes the interviewee tick. When you know what inspires them and what they're dreaming about, you’ll know how to make the most of their energy. #winning
- Who is your favorite super hero? Jem and the holograms.
- Best digital event in your city? Socialite.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Details are important, but sometimes people put too much on their resume. It's best to keep things tight and concise, focusing on what matters most to your prospective employer.
- Traits that clients ask for most? Can hit the ground running, outside the box thinking, no hand holding!
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? The Senior Editor at LinkedIn (and former NY Bureau Chief at Wired.com) John C Abell.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Don't take any encounters for granted. Try to connect with people and learn about them and from them, no matter how long you’re going to be there.
- Next big thing in digital? AI.... We all know Siri and may have watched the movie “Her,” but it's really happening: the robots are coming!
- Best example of awesome UX? I do a fair bit of online shopping and the Urban Outfitters app has single-handedly shown up any other shopping app that I've used! It's incredible for everything but my wallet :)
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? Will Ferrell.
- Guilty song pleasure? Mariah Carey’s “Fantasy”
Looking for a partner to find you great freelancers in the Toronto area?
Connect with Naz!