Heather told us she always starts the day with a piping hot cup of UX, because she never knows what adventures lay in store for her as a UX Specialist. She’s the awesome Vitamin who works with our agents throughout North America to help awesome UX talent find work.
You’ll be ecstatic that she answered our 11 Quick Questions, now you’ll be able find out what advice she has for UX folks, how she stays up on the world of digital, and important stuff like her guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google.
- Favorite digital event? SXSWi, hands down.
- Best example of awesome UX. Apple.com, of course!
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Find out what motivates the talent. Better communication will result from understanding your candidate's values.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Misrepresenting their abilities.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? I love "What People Think I Do / What I Really Do," especially the Web Developer one!
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? I think I agree with most people at Vitamin T: Mashable!
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Practice active listening.
- Next big thing in digital? Hands-free gesture control.
- Guilty song pleasure? Gotta be “Dancing Queen” by Abba. An awesome video, wouldn’t you say?