Emily’s two passions are people and her hometown. She counts herself lucky to be able to combine the two each and every day at our Vitamin T office in Indianapolis. Hey, we count ourselves lucky, too!
Check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions and you’ll find out what advice she has for creatives, how she stays up on the world of digital, and important stuff like her guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google.
- Best digital event in your city? Verge. The event is focused on the tech/startup community here in Indy. There’s always a ton of great minds in the building!
- Describe your city in 5 words. Beautiful. Surprising. Eventful. Modest. Home.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Bring in a person, not a resume. A person has a personality, which oftentimes will compensate for not having what you might consider the "perfect" skillset on a resume.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Saving your resume as something like "resume_final" or "resume(2)". ALWAYS include your name in the filename!
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? "All the Things." An oldie, but a goodie that my friends and I regularly re-create.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? This is a tough one! There are so many great sources. I refer to a couple different Twitter lists stock full of Indy clients and talent, as well as industry leaders and bloggers. I also love to read FastCompany and always find a lot of cool articles via LinkedIn. See, can’t pick just one!
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Be a sponge. Soak in any and everything you can. You'll be more successful by listening to what your client needs rather than trying to tell them.
- Next big thing in digital? Digital production by everyday people. Think Vine and Glossi.
- Guilty song pleasure? Easy. Cher Lloyd's "Want You Back" Those "Ugh’s” are just too much fun.