With over six years of experience in the recruiting and staffing world, Chrissy is a self-proclaimed Texas Girl through and through.
Wanna know the best way to market yourself on social media? Mistakes to avoid when hiring freelancers? Check out her answer to our 11 Quick Questions to find out!
- Best way for freelancers to market themselves on social media? Connect with companies you're interested in working with and their employees to network. Share valuable industry content, tweet often, and be polite. Most importantly, make sure to have a link to your portfolio or blog!
- Favorite social network & why? Twitter. I love Twitter for so many reasons. It's fast, easy to use, and it helps me stay up-to-date on what’s going on in the digital world.
- What’s the BEST thing you can do when you’re looking for a job? NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK! Talk to the people around you, like your colleagues and friends, even your relatives. You know more people than you think. You might only be 6 degrees away from your dream job... or Kevin Bacon!
- Best tips for a making a great LinkedIn profile? Ask colleagues for recommendations, grow your network, sign up for groups, and make sure you have a professional heading that explains exactly what you do.
- Favorite online quiz? (And your answer.) “What State Do You Actually Belong In?” I got TEXAS. I’m not surprised!
- Tips for making a compelling portfolio? First and foremost, only put your best work on your portfolio. Include work that is clean and up-to-date with design trends. For me, portfolios that really stand out have custom fonts and are responsively designed.
- Describe your city in 5 words. BIG, Friendly, Competitive, Multicultural, HOT!
- Number one mistake people make when hiring a creative? I have 2! The first is expecting too much from just one person. If you need someone to design, code and write content, you might need two or three people to get the job done right the first time. Believe me, you'll end up saving time and money in the long run. The second is hiring someone instead of letting them work temp-to-perm. I’m a firm believer in our Talent Bridge offering, because clients can assess a candidate’s cultural fit and skill set on the job. How great is that?
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Do your research on the company and people you'll be working with. Make sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the office. If you’re working through Vitamin T or Aquent, call your agent after your first day to let us know how it went!
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? @DiGiornoPizza. Talk about a company who has fun with their social media accounts!
- Guilty song pleasure? I love Vanilla Ice for two reasons: he taught me how to play craps in Vegas, and he gave us the greatest song of all time, ”Ice Ice Baby!"
Looking for great jobs in the Dallas area?
Connect with Chrissy!